Terms & Conditions
The following sets out our standard Terms and Conditions of Sale for goods ordered via our website: www.fittingfurniture.com.au.
- Fitting Furniture's prices are inclusive of Australian GST.
- Standard listed prices do not include; delivery or assembly
- Flat Rate Delivery is only available to Melbourne Metropolitan Suburbs
- Products sold at our listed standard prices are available to pick-up in part form from our factory Address, subject to our normal manufacturing lead times (see delivery section)
- Prices are valid only for when normal options on the product page are selected, within our guidelines. See Rules for selecting product options
Refund Policy / Return of Goods
- Please choose carefully, as all our furniture is made to order and thus cannot be accepted for return and refund for simple "change of mind".
- If a furniture part arrives faulty or damaged you can request a replacement part to be sent. See returns page of the website. Please note we need to be notified of damaged shipments within 3 days of receiving the parcels. We also need photographs of damaged packaging and damaged parts to process your claim.
- All Sales are Final.
Retention of Title
- Ownership of the goods supplied shall not pass to the purchaser until payment in full for the goods is received by Fitting Furniture
- Our standard service is to provide furniture in part form and disassembled.
- Use Delivery Estimator to Calculate courier cost to your location.
- Our normal manufacturing time is up to 7 working days - allow extra for transit times.
- Unforeseen events beyond our control, such as shortages and delays in raw materials and deliveries by other manufacturers, labour disputes, epidemics, fire, accidents, whether occurring before or after the time for delivery or completion shall extend the time period for delivery.
- Goods leaving Fitting furniture are adequately packed. any damage or loss in transit must be notified to ourselves and the carriers within 3 days of receipt otherwise claims will not be considered. All risks in the goods shall pass to the purchaser not later than the date of dispatch.
- Pickup must be arranged within 1 week of order being ready.
- Refer to our delivery information page for more information.
Liability and Guarantees
- The purchaser shall ensure and satisfy themselves that the goods ordered are fit and suitable for the purpose for which they are required and Fitting Furniture assumes no liability if the supplied goods are not fit or suitable for the purpose intended.
- In lieu of any warranty condition or liability implied by law, Fitting furniture liability in respect of any defect or failure of the goods or for any loss, injury or damage attributable thereto, is limited to making good the replacement or repair of defects arising under normal and proper use and maintenance, arising solely from faulty materials or workmanship within the guarantee period stated, or otherwise within 12 months of the date of supply, provided always, that such defective parts are promptly returned to Fitting Furniture. Any warranty will only apply to the original purchaser.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Errors or Omissions:
- Clerical errors or omissions, whether in computation or otherwise in any quotation acknowledgements or invoices, shall be subject to correction.
- Fitting Furniture shall not be liable to the customer for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay in delivery of the goods or failure to perform any term of this contract where such delay or failure is caused directly or indirectly by a natural disaster, fire, armed conflict, labour dispute, civil commotion, intervention of a government, inability to obtain labour, materials or manufacturing facilities, accidents, interruption of or delay in transportation or any other cause beyond Fitting Furniture's control.
- Fitting Furniture shall not be liable for and damage or any consequential loss or losses resulting from any defect or failure of the goods or accidental damage, or special damages under any circumstances whatsoever.