Product Recall Notice
Voluntary Product Safety Recall – Various Bunk Beds
Fitting Furniture is conducting a voluntary product safety recall in relation to the following Bunk Beds sold by Fitting Furniture in the period between 22/02/2016 and 30/5/2019
Product Name Model Number
1. Bunk Bed Compact Mini Low Height - Innovative Design! - BNKMIDCOM1
2. Bunk Bed Mid Height with built in Bookshelf - BNKMIDBook1
3. Bunk Bed with built in Bookshelf & optional trundle or drawers - BNKBook101
4. Cubby House Bunk Bed With Open Shelves - LFTCBBYOS
5. High loft bed with Open shelves & Optional 2 Drawer Desk - LFTWDSK
6. Triple Bunk Bed - Single over double bed + Optional trundle - BNKTP2
7.Triple Transverse bunk bed - Three single beds in one - BNKTP1
The plastic brackets holding the bunk beds together may crack or break. This may be caused by the over-tightening of the screws on the brackets or by misuse, for example, repeated jumping on or climbing over the sides of the bed. The relevant brackets were made of all plastic and were used in both single and double versions (1 or 2 screw holes each side) identified in the following pictures with covers installed:
The defect has, in some circumstances, led to the bracket either cracking or breaking completely. If such cracking or breaking occurs whilst the Bunk Bed is being used, it can cause the Bunk Bed to collapse, potentially causing serious injury or even death to the user.
The defect may be rectified by replacing the current brackets with upgraded metal brackets. You should immediately stop using the Bunk Bed and contact us to receive (free of charge) a set of upgraded replacement metal brackets, including a new set of fixing screws and covers. Each set will come with instructions for the replacement of the current brackets with the upgraded metal brackets.
If we have been unable to contact you or have since on-sold the product, we request that you contact us to assist us to trace all current owners of the relevant Bunk Beds.